Baked Sea Bass with Raisins and Pine Nuts
A delicious recipe to break the fast of Yom Kippur, just in time for the High Holy Days!
Portion Size: 4-5 oz. cooked
7 1/2 lbs. sea bass or halibut, cut into 20 pieces
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 T. fresh chopped garlic
2 T. olive oil
1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 onions, diced
1 cup pine nuts
3/4 cup golden or regular raisins, soaked in water for 15 minutes, drained
1. Season the fish with a mixture of lemon juice, fresh chopped garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil before baking.
2. Bake fish in a 350º F. oven, until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145º F., about 15 – 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sauté onions in a small amount of olive oil.
4. Add the pine nuts and sauté until lightly toasted.
5. Add the drained raisins and stir to combine. Set aside and keep warm until ready to serve over fish.